ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DIRECTOR
TouchPoint Support Services
Details: Seeking an experienced Director to manage the housekeeping operations at this 200+ bed skilled nursing community in Washington DC with a team of 25 non-union ftes.
TouchPoint, Support Services,provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
Job Summary:As the Director of Environmental ServicesApply to TouchPoint today!
, you are responsible for the overall management of the Environmental Services/Housekeeping Department in a skilled nursing community. You will manage the department within the established objectives, standards, policies and procedures while executing the job description in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. You will be financially accountable for the operation of the environmental service/housekeeping department, ensuring it remains within the approved budget, while simultaneously providing the Client with the maximum value spent. The director is expected to foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the environmental service department with the facility plan of operations.Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains an environment that is in sanitary, attractive and in orderly condition
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and supervises functions and activities of the department
- Conducts regular management staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate housekeeping activities
- Maintains the department in an inspection ready state at all times, assuring the department operates within federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintains excellent relations with residents, Client and all community departments
- Serves on community committees and professional organizations
- Ensures that competency in the position is maintained by participating in Community Works and outside training programs, as required
- Follows all Client and community policies and procedures
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the entire team and the department employees at all times
- Implements change to the environmental service program that enhance the desirability of the community for current and future residents
- Encourages and nurtures associate creativity and innovation with the Community Works program
- Maintains appropriate security for all Client-owned property, supplies and operating funds
- B.S. Degree preferred; high school diploma/GED required
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) certification highly desirable
- Minimum of one (1) year of EVS/Housekeeping management experience in a retirement or adult home preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Excellent customer services skills and experiences
- Experience with Federal & State healthcare surveys
- Experience with P&L accountability highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable
TouchPoint is a member of Compass Group USAClick here to Learn More about the Compass StoryCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.