The applicable candidate will provide support for site EHS oversite and correspondence between government representatives and regulatory agencies to include OSHA, EPA, VADEQ, Ft. Belvoir, etc. Some of the job responsibilities involve assigning permits, blueprint review, PPE requirements, job hazard analysis, injury tracking/documentation, construction site inspection, emission tracking, hazardous waste consolidation, safety training, inspection coordination, annual compliance.Primary Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Skills and Competencies:
- Developing, administering, implementing, and maintaining safety and environmental programs in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Provide technical guidance and support coordination regarding various EHS issues
- Organize workshops, conferences, and trainings for employees regarding EHS topics
- Conducts employee safety training for EHS as required using appropriate training materials (hands-on, PowerPoints, props, etc.) and performs safety evaluations, site level self-audits, run site safety committee and ergonomics programs
- Promotes toolbox talks and safety briefings
- Manages PPE inventory and distribution
- Escorts contractors performing onsite inspections for fire, safety, and environmental management systems.
- Assists with emergency response activities as needed.
- Holds authority to stop any activity believed to be unsafe to human health or potentially damaging to the environment
- Implement safe working techniques and reinforce the safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews incidents to ensure Root Cause Analysis is completed to prevent reoccurrences and drive corrective actions through health checks.
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with regulatory requirements.
- In conjunction with Human Resources provides internal support for Workers' Compensation cases Conducts new hire safety on-boarding for new employees.
- Team player able to build and maintain relationships, communicate and function well within his/her peer group. Must have excellent communication skills throughout all levels of the organization.
- The ability to chair meetings and presentations
- The ability to relentlessly follow up to achieve stated deadlines
- The ability to organize the workload and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Passion for results, strong work ethic and acts with a sense of urgency and purpose balanced with strategic and day-to-day operational intent
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to identify problems, resolve issues, mitigate risks, and initiate continuous improvements initiatives
- Possess the ability to handle multiple priorities and a wide variety of tasks to meet deadlines, all with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities with the ability to make decisions under pressure in an environment of rapid change
- DOT Hazardous Waste Manifest/ RCRA
- Physical demands may include the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. The team member will be regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, climb latters and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The team member may occasionally be required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise
- This position is a full time position Monday - Friday 8 hour day shift but may require the availability to occasionally work nights, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Bachelor's degree with 8 or more years of experience and/or equivalent experience and education. Knowledge of EHS policies and practices
- Successful candidates will currently hold a TS SCI w/poly clearance
- Have intermediate to expert level experience with Microsoft Suite applications
- Have experience in some of the following fields: blueprint reading, SDS review, PPE requirements, Burn/Confined Space/Energized Electrical work permits, familiarity with state regulations applicable to EHS, lift plans, safety plans, life safety protocols, recycling, etc.
- Candidate will also possess strong communication skills and be a self-driven performer
- Bachelor's Degree, EHS certification, OSHA certification, hazardous waste management certification, experience working within an EHS department
- Professional certification(s) within the EHS field preferred (IE. CSP, ASP, CIH, etc.)