Bring your experience and connections to this great opportunity with christopher consultants, ltd., a leading Civil Engineering Firm in the Northern VA area. We are looking for an experienced Surveyor for our Fairfax, VA office to assist in the preparation of survey layouts and documents in accordance with company design standards and county requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience with field, land, and surveying practices and techniques. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
* Compile/reduce field crew data and convert all applicable information into electronically generated drawings and project documents accurately, neatly, and quickly
* Perform horizontal computations for boundary surveys and analyses of field location and record information to determine property lines
* Draft final house location surveys from survey crew field notes and personal field measurements of building improvements
* Compute horizontal positions of plan buildings, streets, curbs, etc. for stake-outs
* Check record plats for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for review
* Submit plots to agency for review
* Three (3) or more years of survey and/or CAD experience
* Experience performing a variety of complex computations for traverse, record plats, boundary surveys, construction stake-outs, horizontal control, etc.
* Experience with boundary resolution and deed interpretation as well as experience performing survey and deed research
* Knowledge of ALTA Land Title Surveys, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices
* Knowledge of commonly used surveying concepts, practices, and procedures
* Ability to learn basic design concepts and technical calculations
* Proficiency with the Carlson Civil Suite
* Prior experience in the land development industry
Education and Certifications
* High school diploma or GED required
* LSIT certificate preferred, but not required
christopher, ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a Drug Free Workplace.