Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public and private enterprises / partnerships.
Alpha Corporation's vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently in the process of enhancing our Land Survey practice in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and District of Columbia area.
The Land Surveyor will oversee the growth of Alpha's land surveying practice; responsible for client relationship management, acquisition on new opportunities, and execution on work product:
* Develop new Survey Business, assist in connecting clients to Alpha's other service line leaders.
* Manage and Lead the preparation of Land Survey documents- boundary surveys, topographic surveys, ALTA surveys, boundary line adjustments, construction as-builts
* Manage and Lead field survey operations.
* Manage and develop survey staff
* Work alongside Alpha's design teams.
The qualifications for a Land Surveyor include:
* Bachelor's degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience in surveying
* Minimum 15 years of work experience as a surveyor
* Must hold valid Land Surveyor (or equivalent) license in Virginia, Maryland, or D.C and acquire a license with adjoining jurisdictions through comity within one year
* Experience using CADD software including MicroStation, AutoCAD
* Understand Field Surveying Process and Procedures and operator Leica Robotic Total Stations, Leica GPS RTK units and Survey Data Collectors
* Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as needed
* Physical ability to work outdoors on project sites that may extend several miles, carry equipment, and walk throughout the day.
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative team environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.