Requisition ID: 81204
As a Safety Manager in Kiewit Building Group you will oversee the Safety program at the Project Level. Ensuring that all of Kiewit's employees and subcontractors are working in the safest manor possible.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we're constructing office buildings; industrial complexes; education and sports facilities; hotels; hospitals; transportation terminals; science and technology facilities; manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best" we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else
Kiewit Building Group (KBG) specializes in commercial/vertical construction and is headquartered in Englewood, CO. Although the district HQ is in CO, we do work all across the US and require our employees to be open to relocation
This role will support Kiewit Building Group's DC Office (McLean, VA) on projects throughout the region.
* Be onsite 100% of the time per shift and present at all high risk activities. High risk activities running concurrently must have safety present at all work locations.
* Manage the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
* Compile, analyze, and interpret occupational illness and accident statistical data at the project level; recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
* Routinely inspect the facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
* Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviors and coach employees on the correct behaviors when observed.
* Develop environmental health and safety training materials to include manuals, brochures, PowerPoint presentations etc.
* Oversee and execute a paperwork management system to track training records to track all safety training initiatives conducted personally or by outside consultants/vendors.
* Interpret safety regulations for the project.
* Coordinate and present safety training to support client requirements including new hire orientation, fall protection, confined space, lockout/tagout and repertory.
* Interface with Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) (state or federal) officials/inspectors in the event of a site visit.
* Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study preferred
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in construction safety.
* 30hr OSHA Construction certification - must have been completed in the past 5 years
* Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a safety program on projects of increasing complexity
* Documented safety & healthy related training complete within the past 5 years as competent persons status for at least the following (4) areas of competency: Excavation; Scaffolding; Fall Protection; Hazardous Energy; Confined Spaces
* Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
* Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
* Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
* Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
* Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
* Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
* Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
* Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
* Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
* Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
* 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
* Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
* We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.