Summary: The Environment, Health, and Safety Manager is tasked with creating and implementing the site s overall strategy with respect to Environmental, Health, and Safety. A key component of this role is to lead and implement processes that help that create a culture focused on Zero Injuries and Zero Environmental incidents. This person will also help with developing training & lend expertise to all EH&S related issues within the operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing and eliminating EH& S operational risks and hazards to ensure an accident/ hazard free/eco friendly cost competitive operation
Occupational Health Management (OHS-Nurses) supervision
Accountable for the site environmental permitting & compliance, to include on-site waste treatment facilities.
Coordinate and oversee the site security polices, procedures, and daily activities.
Design and lead projects that offer innovative/creative solutions which move the site closer to its vision of zero injuries
Use data to reduce environmental footprint
Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Activities to assure At-risk-behaviors and At-risk-conditions are addressed. Monitor/track all corrective action measures to ensure they are effective and completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Aid in managing the EH&S Rewards and Recognition Program
Develop the annual site EH&S budget to control fixed and variable cost expenditures.
Drive the Continuous Improvement agenda
Provide support for the development and implementation of all EH&S programs and Policies to ensure the Facility s adherence to all applicable, federal, state, and local regulations
Coordinate investigation of incidents and injuries with Line Managers/Supervisors to ensure accurate and timely completion.
Provide operational safety and environmental performance feedback on a regular basis. Support the EH&S Pillars, associated sub-committees.
Facilitate best practice sharing across facilities and actively seek out best-in class-practices within industry.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred 3 - 5 years of work experience in workplace Safety, Security, and Environmental program management. Professional certification in Safety preferred.
Ability to demonstrate results of "buy-in" and employee ownership of safety, environmental, security programs.
Candidates must have an entrepreneurial program-building mindset
Proficient in the use of personal computers and related software applications. (MS Office/MS Outlook/Web based systems.) Working knowledge of the beverage or food manufacturing industry preferred, with a knowledge of EH&S regulations and factors related to food manufacturing facilities.
Skilled in performing internal on-site safety and environmental inspections for self-audit purposes.
Ability to plan programs and initiatives at regional, multi-location level
Strengths in People Management including: communication; leadership; effective presentation skills; coaching; crisis management; motivation; team building; organization; self-starter; time management; stress management
Flexible in working during non-business hours to meet business needs The position responsibilities outlined above are not to be construed as all encompassing.
Other duties and responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Provide environmental, health and safety training
- Perform safety/environmental audits of the plant
- Monitor environmental health and safety performance metrics
- Conduct internal environmental compliance audits
- Implement environmental response and safety equipment
- Provide all health, safety and environmental regulatory reporting
- Prepare health, safety and environmental budget
- Promote health, safety and environmental topics
- Make environmental, health and safety recommendations
- Make environmental, health and safety recommendationsaccordingly
- Participate in management health, safety and environmental audits
- Lead safety, health and environmental training sessions
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations
- Develop training programs on safety and environmental issues
- Correct and manage environmental/safety incidents
- Verify compliance with all applicable environmental health and safety government regulations
- Develop annual company safety and environmental health goals
- Carry out environmental, health and safety activities
- Implement environmental and safety programs to ensure facility compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Support compliance manager with environmental procedures